Friday, November 15, 2013

Brief story of Pakistani blogger trapped in Sri lanka by Pakistan



We converted to Christianity.

I was writing a book on terrorism, some people who came to know about this wanted to kill me. I fled to Sri Lanka along with my mother and my little sister on 1st January 2012.

We got registered with UNHCR.

I wrote about sensitive issues involving Pakistan security forces on my website with an anonymous name of Khizra and remained safe for 1 year.

Over estimating the protection of UNHCR in 2013 I started writing with my own name and disclosed everything about myself.

Pakistan ISI immediately contacted friendly Sri lankan Government to trap us.

They kept us in illegal detention for 1 month.

We came to know that SIS head and CID special team was investigating about us.
.
I was declared an Indian spy.

Our passports and everything we had was confiscated
We fled from the detention center and ever since live in hiding
UNHCR refused to give us asylum as Sr Lankan Government declared me a criminal.

We are enlisted in all the police Stations in Sri Lanka as wanted high profile criminals.

I wrote an open letter to President of Sri Lanka and the chief Justice of Sri Lanka to help me but to no avail.

After fleeing from the detention I contacted Pakistan High commission and ask them to help me.

They agreed with me that I was innocent and wanted to help me. They contacted the higher authorities in Pakistan who refused to forgive me.

After that Pakistan High Commission only tried to convince me to pay a visit to the Embassy they also tried to trace my location but due to the use of Blackberry could not trace me

We started a campaign on social media (google plus facebook) to save our life and have many supporters all over the world.

During this time we kept begging UNHCR to give us asylum but they refused due to the Sri Lankan Government involvement.

I wrote to Sri Lankan newspapers but they were too scared to publish my story.

I wrote an open letter in Pakistan daily times to General Kayani and PM Nawaz Sharif to help me but to no avail. It got published in September 30, 20 13 but was later removed from the internet.  http://www.dailytimes.com.pk/default.asp?page=2013%5C09%5C30%5Cstory_30-9-2013_pg7_10#.UlFxZfibtTg.blogger,

In a desperate effort to save our life I cut my self very badly and put it on YouTube, no one helped.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSUtMihkmP4&list=PLnAl-1oS_vdbzklheV7Vi1EdScK4gJi_x

My mother left from hiding and went to UNHCR to beg them once again to have mercy on us and save our life. We left the place due to the fear of authorities. that was the last time we saw her. 

Now We are extremely exhausted with 7 months of hiding and with the fruitless efforts to live....
Finally Our night mare came to an end, On November 27, 2013 UNHCR  gave me asylum. 3 months later my mother and my little sister also got refugee status.
We are still in Sri Lanka and want to move to our new country as soon as possible.

1 comment: